The 2017 Walmart layaway has started and runs through December 11, 2017, in stores.
Readers have been asking about Walmart’s new layaway plan.
Customers can put items as low as $10 on layaway with a $50 minimum basket and will have until December 11th to pay off their account.
What you can put on Layaway at Wal-mart:
- Electronics (without service plans)
- Small Appliances
- Large Furniture
- Auto Electronics
- Sporting Goods (select items)
- Infant Toys
- Infant Furniture
Layaway is not available on November 23rd (Thanksgiving).
Here are some of the features:
No opening fee
Only put down $10 or 10%, whichever is greater
You have 90 days to pay for your layaway and must pick up your items and pay for them by 12/11.
Items must be $10+ and the total purchase must be at least $50.
Available in-store only, not online.
Layaway is available in stores during the holiday season. Certain store locations offer layaway year-round for jewelry purchases only. Layaway is not offered for online purchases.
How Wal Mart layaway works:
- There’s no opening fee
- Down payment is $10 or 10%, whichever is greater
Here is the Walmart layaway information from their website. Get more information including rules, watch-outs, exclusions, and rules.
- Minimums – Individual items must be $10 or greater. Total purchases must be $50 or greater
- Terms – Final payment and pickup must be made on or before December 12 at the same store layaway was initiated (or order will be canceled). Excludes wireless phones that require contracts.
- Cancellation – If the account is canceled, items will be returned to inventory. Down payment and payments made will be refunded, less a $10 cancellation fee. Cancellation fee does not apply in Ohio, Maryland, Rhode Island, or District of Columbia.
- Returns – Walmart Returns Policy applies to all layaway transactions.
Pickup & Pay:
- Location – Layaway is initiated at the Pickup Desk. Payments can be made at any register including the Pickup Desk. Upon final payment, customers may be asked to pick up Layaway merchandise at a separate location such as the Garden Center.
- In stores only (not available for online purchases)
- Available for Electronics, Toys, Infant Toys, Infant Furniture, Small Appliances, Large Furniture, Auto Electronics, Select Sporting Goods, and Jewelry
- Excludes wireless phones that require contracts.
- Layaway not available on Thursday, November 23rd.
See your local Walmart store’s service desk for more details.
Look for the layaway tag in stores on eligible items.
Using layaway wisely can help you to save money and time and take the guesswork out of holiday spending.
Did you know?
Walmart has a clearance outlet and you can take advantage of the deep discounts online.
Walmart has hundreds of items on clearance right now with prices as low as $1.98. Right now there are clearance deals on electronics, home, clothing, baby, toys, sports, outdoors, and home improvement.
YOU MAY ALSO LIKE:
Find today’s coupons and Walmart offers: